Friday, February 26, 2010

STOP JUDGING OTHERS

A week back I attended psychology class. I found something new and interesting for life. That is, in everyday life at times we tend to judge people who are in and around us. This happens because we build up prejudices and bias against them. Here we have eight steps saying that how we judge others in various ways. you can judge for yourself. In psychology we call this eight step as Cognative Behavioral Therapy, means which helps the patience to recognize and change errors. I am suggesting all this because, to be careful when we judge others.....

Eight Steps on How We Judge Others and Us

1. All-or-nothing thinking: at times we evaluate experiences using extremes such as 'a marvelous' or 'awful.'

2. Personalizations: we tend to blame oneself for an event. Example: Saying as it is because of my fault that my friend committed sucide.

3. Mind reading/Jumping to conclusion: this refer to assuming a negative response without the relevant information. It is also called as ignoring the evidence. Example: She is not keeping eye contact with me, she is angry with me. you can check out with you girl friend..

4. Fortune-telling: we assume at times what the future holds. Example: Since i failed in my philosophy exam, i shall never be able to pass in future.

5. Emotional reasoning: we tend to confuse feelings with facts. Example: I feel so panicky, travelling today will be catastrophic.

6. Labeling: we tend to use unhelpful labels to describe others. Examples: He is good for nothing.

7. Magnification: it is nothing but blowing out things out of proportion. Example: The worst thing i have done in my life is that i did not inform my mum when i will be back this evening.

8. Over-generalization: we tend to draw sweeping negative conclusions on the basis of one or more events. Example: Because i disobeyed my boss a second time, i will definitely be sacked.

Dear friend i think it's wonderful if we learn something from this. i feel it is useful, helpful, purposeful for life.

love and prayers.
papireddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment